“In case you’ve been living under a rock, the protection of personal data on the internet has been a hot topic…” – AppSumo
“The General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. It was adopted on 27 April 2016. It becomes enforceable on 25 May 2018, after a two-year transition period. Because GDPR is a regulation, not a directive, it does not require national governments to pass any enabling legislation and is directly binding and applicable…” – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation
GDPR Data Protection Principles
GDPR sets out the following principles with which any party handling personal data must comply.
All personal data must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject
- Collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects
This info is taken from the GDPR Tracker
“Every business needs to do this – Get on the right side of the law with the GDPR Tracker” – AppSumo
As of 2 May 2018, you can get the GDPR Tracker for 90% off retail.
Nope, that is not an affiliate link.