Creating a Google My Business listing for your business can be done in just the few simple steps outlined below.
First step, visit https://www.google.com/business/
Fill out your company’s business name and then click ‘Next’
Enter your business’ full address. Check the box indicating that you deliver goods and services if your company does this. Remember when entering the address to keep it consistent and write it exactly the way it appears on your website, blog, and other places online. When finished, click ‘Next’.
Enter the category for your business. Try to be as specific as possible, such as entering “Ladies Clothing Store” rather than just “Retail Store.” Then click ‘Next’.
- Enter your business’ contact information. When entering a URL, remember to make sure it’s an address that does not redirect users, as this can get your listing suspended. Then click ‘Next’.
- The verification page tells you that you need to be authorised to create the listing for the business. It also outlines several benefits of using Google My Business. Read through it and then click ‘Continue’.
- Verify your business. Google will give you the options that are applicable to your business. Choose one and click ‘Continue’ or choose ‘Verify later’.
- Decide whether or not you want the free website provided by Google. Click on ‘Preview Site’ if interested, or ‘No thanks’.
- Google will then offer you tips on how to improve your online presence. Click ‘Yes’ to see these tips, or click ‘No’ to be taken to your listing.
- View your listing. Here you can also edit the listing, verify the listing if that still needs to be done, and dive into the world of AdWords.
That’s it! In fewer than ten steps, you have your Google My Business listing which will help drive customers through your door and earn you and your company even more profit!